Halton Region, consisting of the City of Burlington, the Town of Halton Hills, the Town of Milton, and the Town of Oakville, is the safest place to live in the GTA, and one of the top five safest places to live in Canada, according to a Maclean’s Magazine report ranking the most dangerous cities in our country.
The Halton Regional Police Service contributes to the safety and wellbeing of the Region's 500,000 residents.
Working in partnership with the communities we serve, the Service delivers quality, cost-effective public safety and crime prevention services, as mandated by law.
The Halton Regional Police Service is recognized as one of the leading police agencies in the areas of diversity and community policing initiatives, and is committed to ensuring Halton Region remains as safe tomorrow as it is today.
- Land area: 972.83 sq km
- Population (2011): 493,045
- Increase in population (2006-2011): 54,154
- Population growth forecast (2011-2021): 131,049 or 26.6%
- Lake Ontario shoreline frontage: 25 km
- Number of hospitals: 4
- Number of households (2011): 178,232
- Annual Police Budget (2011): $116.4 million
- Uniform Strength: 629
- Civilian Strength: 282.5
- Uniform Strength: Population: 1:784
- Calls for Service:
Cost per Capita:
As of October 2011