**Applications for the 2013 Auxiliary Policing Services intake are no longer being accepted. Check back in Summer 2014 for information on the next recruiting drive.**
The Halton Regional Police Service Auxiliary Policing Services Unit was founded in 1989 and is comprised of trained civilian volunteers.
It is a demanding but rewarding activity where satisfaction is derived from making a significant contribution to the safety and wellbeing of the community at large.
Halton Regional Police Service Auxiliary Officers:
- Support the work of regular police officers on local crime prevention initiatives
- Participate in ground searches for lost or missing persons
- Volunteer at numerous, large-scale, annual events throughout the year such as:
- The Burlington Sound of Music Festival
- Special Friends Day
- Toys for Tots
- Accompany frontline Halton Regional Police Service police officers on weekend patrols
Our 50 Auxiliary Officers average over 5,000 hours of volunteer hours annually in support of the Halton Regional Police Service and the communities we serve.